Our Commitment to Teachers
We appreciate all that you do to be here with your dancers and we love working with you to make this competition experience a memorable learning experience for all. Please be sure to download the READ BEFORE YOU CHOREOGRAPH! PDF with need-to-know info before you begin your routines (levels, props, time limits, etc…). To ensure your experience at SHINE is enjoyable and hassle-free we’ve outlined some basic at-the-event info below.
At the Events
- SIGN IN on arrival and collect your teachers package including a program & backstage pass.
- THEATRE OPENS 1 hour prior to start of the program.
- THEATRE CLOSES 30 minutes after final awards ends.
- CHECK IN BACKSTAGE Teachers should check in backstage with dancers ready to perform at least 10 minutes before an entry’s scheduled performance time.
- QUICK CHANGES Please notify the stage manager of any quick changes or scheduling concerns before the start of each session.
- MUSIC in digital format must be uploaded in advance. Please bring a digital back up just in case. Onsite music downloads will incur a $25 fee.
- TEACHERS LOUNGE Food & refreshments are available for participating teachers and directors in the teachers lounge, please enjoy.
- AWARDS Dancers will be called backstage for awards 10 minutes before they are scheduled to begin. Please encourage your dancers to stay in costume and to support and cheer for ALL dancers.
- VIDEO ADJUDICATION will be available for viewing ONLINE following your event.
- SCORES will be posted in the Teachers Lounge (see Scores & Awards Binder) and sent by email to your studio at the end of the event.
- SCHOLARSHIPS will be sent in a single payment to the studio by e-mail money transfer or cheque following the event. Please have an authorized representative collect awards at the end of the festival.
- OVERTIME routines will be subject to a penalty.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY RULE We require all entries to be appropriate for a family audience. Deductions may be applied.
DOWNLOAD our pdf with details on our new scoring breakdown, levels, time limits and other info as you start your choreography.