Wellness 1st Solo & Duo Events
What to Expect At a Wellness 1st Event:
While these events will be different, we are committed to offering the value and inspiring atmosphere you expect from all of our events while placing the wellness of our community at the forefront. A comprehensive health and safety plan has been created in collaboration with the venue. As always, in accordance with our Wellness First Policy, fees for last-minute cancellations due to illness or injury will be credited back to the studio account for use at future events. Planning to attend? See what you can expect below:
- These events are VOLUNTARY. A digital waiver outlining knowledge of risks must be signed by the parent/ guardian of each dancer in advance. We will provide a link to studios to share with families.
- Social distancing MUST be practiced both on the stage and off. That means choreography must be adapted to ensure at least 2M between dancers on stage at all times. We will have markings on the stage to assist dancers with maintaining distance.
- Because dancers have not been training at full capacity we also recommend making other modifications to routines that put dancer safety 1st! Large jumps, movements that require a dancer’s peak level of strength/ flexibility, difficult moves that may not have been practiced regularly may all put a dancer at risk.
- A health screening and declaration will be done for each attendee on arrival. Anyone showing symptoms will not be permitted on site. Our Wellness 1st Policy ensures fees for routines canceled at the last minute due to illness or injury will be credited back to the studio account.
- No substitutions or late entries will be permitted.
- The audience will be closed to registered performers and teachers only a LIVE STREAM feed will be offered free of charge. Only scheduled dancers and authorized teachers will be permitted in the building. Bring Your Own Chairs, Umbrellas, and Canopies for viewing on a large outdoor screen.
- We will schedule dancers in groups of 25-35 by studio.
- Bring your own change room and warm up mat. Please come in full costume, hair, and makeup. Theatre dressing rooms will not be available. We recommend using a vehicle for essential costume, hair, and makeup changes or bringing an easy to open pop tent as well as mats/ floor tiles for warming up outside.
- Washrooms will be available for dancers only.
- Only water bottles will be permitted in the building. No Food or drink.
- The stage and all high touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals.
- We will be giving first priority to studios already registered at each event, then, if space permits, opening up registration to new studios.
- Medals for each routine and Special Awards will be announced at the end of each group/ session in a reimagined (socially distant) interactive awards presentation. Medals and certificates will be packaged and delivered to a studio representative on-site immediately afterward. No placements will be awarded by session due to scheduling by studio rather than age/ level/ discipline.
- Overall cash and scholarship awards will be presented at a LIVE virtual awards presentation at the end of each event and delivered to each studio by courier at a later date. The number of placements awarded will be based on the total number of entries participating in each event.
Ready to SHINE???? Parents, be sure to sign.
Contact Tracing & Health Declaration Form:
July 14-18, 2020
July 28-July 31, 2020
July 23-26, 2020