Age & Level
- We use the dancers age as of January 1st of the competition year.
To provide the most fair competition experience our levels group dancers based on comparable skill level. Teachers are expected to place each individual dancer in the most appropriate level according to the guidelines below:
||For young or recreational dancers who take 1-2 classes/ week OR have no competition experience before this year. No Cash Awards. MAXIMUM 2 entries/ dancer.
||For dancers in their 2nd/ 3rd year of training w/ limited competition or performance experience who train no more than 6 hours/ week. No Cash Awards. MAXIMUM 4 entries/ dancer.
||For dancers who have 2+ years of performing and/ or previous competition experience.
For dancers age 13+ who meet any of the following criteria:
- Train/ In Studio 10+ hrs/ week
- Are part of a select elite level competitive team
- Are enrolled in a half day dance training program
- Train with a professional company
- Receive monetary compensation for performance, instruction or choreography
|JUST FOR FUN
||For adult acts, teacher acts or other routines that are just for fun.
- Our online system will calculate levels for you.
- If 50% or more of the individual dancers in a group are in a higher level than the average, the group MUST be bumped up.
- Entries with teachers MUST be entered in ELITE (if under 19) or JUST FOR FUN (if 19+).
- Adjudicators reserve the right to adjust the level of any entry that appears to be in the wrong level. The competition director will notify the studio of this decision.
- Bumping up or down one level is permitted for entries on approval by the competition director (ie: if a dancer is at a significant disadvantage in a specific category). Please submit requests by email to: [email protected]
- A solo, duo/ trio, or group of the same dancers is eligible for one High Score award in one level only (based on the highest scoring routine).
- Soloists must enter in the COMPETITIVE or ELITE level to be eligible for TOP 10 DANCER and DANCER OF THE YEAR.
- Dancers who receive 2 platinum medals for solos in the same year MUST be bumped up a level for the following year. Discretion is used in awarding platinum medals.
Not sure which level? Call us anytime @ 604-722-8987.